Why Should US/UK Technology Entrepreneurs Should Consider Expanding to SE Asia
It sounds like a cliche now but there is an ongoing shift towards Asia in general and towards South East Asia in particular. Here we will give 6 reasons for tech entrepreneurs in the West to consider moving East.
- 1. Market Size
- · Based on the World Population data prepared by United Nations Population Division, the population of ASEAN will increase from 633 million people in 2015 to 717 million in 2030 and 741 million people in 2035, a rate of 0.85% per annum.
- 2. Market Demographics
· More than half of the people are under 30
- 3. Tax Efficiency
· Depending on your situation, corporate and personal income tax can be half of what it is in the USA
- · Includes both common and civil law jurisdictions
- · Singapore is probably the gold standard
- 4. Legal Protection