Showing posts from February, 2016

So You Need an ITIN?

Do bear in mind that we charge for assisting with the application. No one can guarantee that the application would be approved as the rules are very strict.  Once our team signs off the documents, YOU are responsible for their correct submission as per the instructions provided

What is an ITIN?
An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. It is a nine-digit number that always begins with the number 9 and has a range of 70-88 in the fourth and fifth digit. EffectiveApril 12, 2011,the range was extended to include 900-70-0000 through 999-88-9999, 900-90-0000 through 999-92-9999 and 900-94-0000 through 999-99-9999. IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA).

ITINs are issued regardless of immigration status because both resident and nonre…

Go Pitch It Event in Singapore

(click on image)

Latin American Tax Treaties: A Regional Overview

Double taxation agreements have existed in Latin America since the 1960s but have significantly increased in the last 25 years. The counterparts have been generally Western European countries. This article provides an overview of the historic and current trends in tax treaties in the region, with some hints about features of the agreements and the driving forces behind signing them.
* * * * *
Latin American countries originally had territorial tax systems, which were gradually replaced by worldwide tax systems under which a credit is allowed for taxes paid to a foreign country.
For countries outside the region, entering into a double taxation agreement with Latin American countries was convenient, not so much to avoid double taxation -- an outcome that could be reached unilaterally by granting a tax credit in the residence country -- but to limit the source country's taxing power, so that the loss of tax revenues in the residence country through a unilateral tax credit would be as sm…